I’ve been drinking blueberry smoothies for many years, there’s nothing more satisfying and tasty then blending up your favorite vitamin and antioxidant rich fruits to make a delicious on the go breakfast. This quick and easy blueberry smoothie has a rich and creamy result that will delight your taste buds!
These days I find myself wanting more sweet smoothies that are easy to prepare. Packed with blueberries, vegan yogurt, vanilla bean paste and maple syrup, this smoothie also makes for an excellent late night snack if you’re looking for something a little more healthy!
What’s healthy about this blueberry and vanilla smoothie?
One of the most nutrient-dense food on the planet is blueberries. They contain a huge amount of antioxidants with a ORAC score of 9,621 – making it one of the highest antioxidant rich foods in the world!
Consuming just one cup of blueberries provides you with the nutrients Resveratrol, Gallic acid, Lutein, Zeaxanthin, Vitamin K, Vitamin C, Manganese and Fiber. Vanilla beans have been found to be a nutritional powerhouse and has been known to enhance brain and mood health. Vanilla beans contains the nutrients magnesium, potassium, calcium, magnanese and Aphrodisiac.
Creamy Blueberry and Vanilla Smoothie
- 1 Cup Blueberries or Mixed Berries
- 1 (8 ounce) container Vegan Yogurt
- ¾ Cup Plant-Based Milk
- 2 Tbsp Maple Syrup or Stevia
- ½ Tsp alcohol-free Vanilla Extract or Vanilla bean paste
- ⅛ Tsp ground nutmeg
- ½ Tsp cinnamon
- Blend the blueberries, yogurt, milk, maple syrup, vanilla, nutmeg and cinnamon in a blender until frothy, scraping down the sides of the blender occasionally. Serve immediately. For an extra nutrient boost you can add spinach.