Want a cheesecake that’s actually good for you and healthy? I’ve been craving New York style baked cheesecake lately, but I wanted something a little more healthy. Normally baked cheesecake is packed with unhealthy ingredients like dairy, refined sugar and refined white flour.
Our vegan baked cheesecake is packed full of fresh berries and low fat ingredients. Craving berries, I decided to go for a mixed berry cheesecake. I’ve substituted dairy cream cheese for silken tofu, I know tofu doesn’t seem appetizing in a cheesecake (I had my doubts at first too!). Don’t worry the tofu taste goes away when you bake this cheesecake and it tastes like a cheesecake should taste like!
Our easy vegan baked cheesecake is super rich and indulgent. Usually vegan cheesecakes are full of raw nuts and dates, I find these recipes too rich and they tend to sit on my stomach for way too long! Our vegan cheesecake isn’t super fatty and won’t leave you feeling tired after eating it.
My vegan baked cheesecake can be adapted to any flavour you want! Just by replacing the berries with your favorite ingredients, you can have many cheesecakes to choose from. You can make a Lemon Cheesecake, Key Lime Pie, Chocolate Cheesecake, Caramel Cheesecake using dates or even a Passion fruit Cheesecake!
Easy Baked Vegan Cheesecake
- ¾ cup Gluten Free Oat Flour
- ¼ cup desiccated coconut
- ¼ cup plus 2 tbsp sugar or truvia (stevia + erythritol mix)
- ¼ tsp plus 1/8 tsp salt
- ¼ cup Sunflower Butter (you can replace with almond butter or peanut butter - for a fat free version you can replace with 1/8 cup of non-dairy milk)
- 1 1/2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp arrowroot or cornstarch
- ½ cup fresh Mixed Berries
- ½ cup powdered sugar or truvia
- 2 cups Silken Tofu
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Combine crust ingredients, either in a food processor or by hand if texture is too crumbly add in a bit more water or milk.
- Press evenly into a well-greased cake pan. (I used a piece of wax paper on the bottom so I don't need to use oil) Cook 10 minutes.
- Blend all of the filling ingredients in a food processor or blender.
- After crust cooks, pour filling evenly on top and cook another 30 - 45 minutes or until center of filling looks firm.
- Let cool 10 minutes, then fridge uncovered for at least 2 hours before cutting with a sharp knife. You can place the knife around the edge of the cheesecake after cooled to remove from the pan. Optional: Mix your favorite berry jam with a bit of water to make a sauce and drizzle over cheesecake. Sprinkle with some more desiccated coconut if desired.
- Makes 8-12 slices. These are best stored in the fridge.