If you’re craving a dessert that’s simple and easy to prepare and is packed with nutrients, then you have to make this no-bake peanut butter bars with chocolate frosting! The other night I was craving something a little indulgent. I had a look in my pantry and grabbed some essentials like oats, dates, peanut butter and some left over dark chocolate chips.
These no-bake peanut butter chocolate bars are sweet and chewy, the chocolate frosting with chocolate chips make it super delicious and will satisfy anyone’s sweet tooth. Containing only a few ingredients, I’ve chosen ingredients that are easy to find. This no-bake dessert is quick and easy to prepare with a tasty result!
If you’re looking for a healthier version of this no-bake peanut butter bars you can exclude the chocolate frosting. Packed with healthy fats from oats, nuts and seeds. If you don’t have the seeds below, you can always swap them for flaxseeds of even chia seeds.
This delicious treat can be whipped up in as little as 15 minutes! You’ll want to place the bars into the freezer for at least 10 minutes so the chocolate frosting and and peanute butter bars can become more firm. These no-bake peanut butter chocolate bars contain no refined sugar and are packed with healthy nutrients and fats.
No-Bake Peanut Butter Chocolate Bars
Peanut Butter Filling
- 1 cup pitted medjool dates
- ½ cup almonds
- ¾ cup quick oats
- ¼ cup hemp seeds
- ¼ cup natural peanut butter
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- 3 tbsp pure maple syrup
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- For the peanut butter filling,place the almonds and dates in a food processor or high-powered blender and mix until it forms a dough and the almonds are broken down.
- Place the oats, hemp seeds, peanut butter and maple syrup in a bowl.
- Add the date and almond mixture the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Once it's all mixed together, take the dough and place it on a peice of wax paper.
- Press into a square and wrap up in the wax paper.
- For the Chocolate frosting, combine the cocoa powder, melted coconut oil, and maple syrup, whisking well to break up any clumps. Once the mixture has become a smooth chocolate sauce, pour it over the peanut butter filling. Sprinkle the top with vegan chocolate chips and place in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- Cut into squares and store in the fridge in an air-tight container.