Eating chocolate mousse that has a velvety and smooth texture is super indulgent and let’s face it, pretty unhealthy! But did you know you can have a healthy Chocolate Nuttella Mousse packed with guilt-free antioxidants and super foods. My homemade Nutella Chocolate mousse recipe is made with healthy avocados, raw hazelnuts, delightful Madagascan vanilla bean paste, ripe bananas, antioxidant rich raw cacao powder and maple syrup for sweetness.
This healthy raw chocolate hazelnut mousse doesn’t just work as a delightful treat on its own, it also works wonderfully as cupcake frosting or even a nutrition packed Nutella spread alternative on toast. The raw chocolate mousse works best after it’s been placed in the fridge before serving to help it firm up a bit. We’ve used avocado as the main thickener ingredient instead of the unhealthy dairy whipped cream – not only is it more heart healthy, it’s also cruelty free! This dessert can be served with all sorts of toppings, my personal favourite is mixed berries and smashed salted peanuts!
WHAT’S HEALTHY ABOUT IT?
Simple Chocolate Hazelnut Mousse
- 1 ripe avocado, halved, pitted, and peeled
- ½ cup raw cacao powder
- ¼ cup Stevia or Maple Syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla paste
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ⅔ cup lightly roasted and peeled hazelnuts
- 2 just-ripe bananas, peeled
- ⅓ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Place the roasted and peeled hazelnuts into a food processor and process for 4-5 minutes, until mixture is smooth.
- Add the Avocado, Bananas, Sweetener, Cocoa Powder, Vanilla Paste and Sea Salt. Process all of the ingredients until the mixture is smooth and creamy. You may have to scrape down the sides of the blender as needed.
- Divide the Chocolate Hazelnut Mousse into serving glasses and place in the fridge for at least an hour.
- Serve the Chocolate Hazelnut mousse with your favourite toppings.I'd recommend smashed berries, banana slices or salted nuts!