3cups Frozen or Fresh Mixed Vegetables (peas, carrots, beans and cauliflower). If you are using fresh vegetables, blanch them for 2 minutes in boiling water.
1tbsp ginger-garlic paste
3tbsp gram flour/besan (dry roasted on medium flame)
3potatoes (boiled and mashed)
3tbsp bread crumbs
1tsp masala powder
1tsp red chili powder
A pinch of salt
1) Firstly, allow the frozen vegetables to thaw. Once done, crush them. Take a pan; add the crushed vegetables, ginger–garlic paste and dry cook until the moisture has reduced. Do not overcook them. Take it off the flame and allow it to cool.
2) Next, add the mashed potatoes, roasted breadcrumbs, and besan/gram flour.
3) Add masala powder, chili powder, salt and give it a good mix. Mix the ingredients enough to get a good holding consistency and not soggy/crumbly. If it becomes soggy add more breadcrumbs/ gram flour to get the desired consistency.
4) Divide the mixture into equal parts. Roll them over skewers (as done here) or give them a shape of your choice. Ensure that they are not too big or “fat” else they will not be cooked from inside.
5) Deep fry the kebabs on medium/high heat till it turns golden brown in color. You can also grill it in the oven, barbecue them or cook them on charcoal grills.
6) Serve them hot with green chutney, sliced onion, and lemon.
Enjoy the kebabs! They're incredibly delicious and you can also serve these kebabs at big parties