One of my joys in life is baking, there’s nothing like baking a loaf of banana bread! Who can resist the temptation of delicious home baked banana bread that’s just come out of the oven! One things for sure, banana bread is a go to comfort food for the whole family!
The best part about making fresh banana bread is you can add in your own twist each time! This simple easy banana bread is packed with nutritious walnuts, cinnamon, flaxseed and is oil-free. We’ve left out the cholesterol filled eggs in replace of a healthy flax egg. By mixing 1 tbsp ground flaxseeds with 2 tbsp water.
We’ve left out the processed white flour in replace of healthier wholewheat flour. The bananas give the banana bread a super sweet taste. We’ve added some cinnamon and some chopped walnuts. Any type of nuts will do in this banana bread recipe.
With a couple of tweaks you can make this vegan banana bread your own! Leave out the nuts if you’re looking for a basic banana bread. For some extra nutrition, you can add in some chia seeds, dried fruits or chocolate chips if you want something naughty!
This simple vegan banana bread makes 1 loaf of bread which makes 10 serves. Our banana bread of for the healthy conscious, oil-free and packed with healthy fats from nuts and flaxseeds. Which hope you enjoy this delicious vegan banana bread!
Easy Vegan Banana Bread
- 4 ripe bananas
- 2⁄3 cup maple syrup
- 4 tablespoons non-dairy milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 flaxseed egg
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees. grease a 8x4" loaf pan or for an oil free version line the pan with baking paper..
- Mash the bananas with a fork in a large bowl. Add in 1 tbsp flaxseed to 2 tbsp water to make the flax egg.
- Add the maple syrup, vanilla, and water and mix well.
- In a medium bowl mix the flour, baking powder and salt together.
- Pour the flour mixture into the bananas. mix well (if you want to add in chopped walnuts or almonds).
- Pour batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 55-65 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the bread comes out clean. Let cool and serve.